When it comes to your home’s design, you want every piece of it to be perfect. After all, your curb appeal says a lot about you and your family. If you’re looking to improve that image, a wrought iron door is an excellent choice. It exudes class and can fit with a modern or traditional home. However, not all wrought iron doors are quite the same. In this wrought iron buyers guide, we’ll share some tips and tricks for ensuring you get the iron doors that are perfect for you.
Our Top Tips for Buying a Wrought Iron Door
Before you shop custom wrought iron doors, you’ll need to get a few of the basics out of the way.
- The most important aspect of choosing a door is your budget. Set out your budget before you get started. Have a number that you’d like to stay within, and a second number that you could stretch to if it was absolutely worth it. This will help ensure you don’t break the bank to get the perfect iron door.
- Prior to design and installation, ask about the expected maintenance. Glass will surely need to be cleaned periodically for both the inside and outside. Depending on the finish you choose, you may be required to polish and dust the iron more often. The beauty of wrought iron doors is that they age gracefully, so they are hardly ever a maintenance headache.
- It’s helpful to have a general idea of the style you’re looking for before you start shopping. It can be as simple as modern or traditional, or you can be more detailed with glass, color, handles and other options. To start the design process on your own, take a look at the steps in the next section.
Designing Your Perfect Wrought Iron Door in 3 Steps
- Decide if you want a single or double door. A double door offers a grand entrance, but it’s not suitable for every home. If you have a smaller entryway, or are looking to up your style without upping your credit card payments, a single door might be the right choice for you.
- You’ll need to consider the details of your custom iron door design. If your home is not suitable for double doors, could you work sidelights around a single door? Are you looking for a square or arched top? Would you like the wrought iron scrollwork to be more modern, with straight geometric lines, or decorative with lots of swoops and curls?
- You get to choose the final elements of your door. Your glass options can range from perfectly clear, to slightly tinted, to textured. Not all wrought iron is the same color. You have lots of options from the deepest black, to chocolate brown, to gray and even tan. Finally, you’ll take a look at the hardware. The door handle will be highly noticeable to anyone who enters, so you’ll want to make sure it’s functional while still fitting in with the rest of the design.
- Set a budget before you shop
- Ask about expected maintenance
- Have an idea of the style you’re going for
Ready to Shop Custom Wrought Iron Doors?
Forever Custom Iron Doors is one of the highest quality makers of wrought iron doors in the United States. Although our home is in the New Jersey area, we can design and ship to anywhere in the country. To learn more, please give us a call at 732-851-8502 or reach out online. We’ll be happy to answer your questions and start the custom iron door design process with you!