When it comes to customized iron and glass front doors, you have lots of options. For instance, you can choose the shape, size, color, type of doorknob, and of course, the type of glass. Speaking of the latter, many people don’t realize that they actually have multiple options regarding the glass they choose. However, this is one of the most critical aspects of a front door. With that in mind, the following is a closer look at which glass options you should choose for your iron/ glass front doors.
Glass Options for Iron/ Glass Front Doors
If you are wondering what your options are in terms of glass and customized iron wrought doors, your options are as follows:
- Clear Glass: This is one of the most common and obvious glass options. The benefits of this type of glass are that people can see both inside and outside the door. They are also highly compatible with window coverings, which can allow you to change the color, texture, etc., as often as you wish.
- Gray Tint: Gray tint is also highly popular as it is similar to clear glass, only a tad darker. This type of glass provides a moderate amount of privacy, as it prevents people from fully seeing inside your home. However, you will likely still need window coverings when the area is well lit.
- Brown Tint: Brown tint is also a great option as it also helps eliminate glare and excess light while also preventing people from fully seeing inside your home. However, it provides a warmer tone, which some feel is more compatible with residential residences.
- Flemish: A classic glass that somewhat mimics hand-blown glass, Flemish is a unique glass option for your iron/ glass front doors. While this type of glass does prevent unwanted glare on computers or television screens and distorts vision to the point where you can see shapes and people without being able to identify what they actually are.
- Water Cubic: If you are searching for increased privacy and distortion, water cubic is an excellent option. It allows people to see movement without necessarily identifying what the objects are. This makes it one of the top go-to glass options for those seeking high-quality glass that also boosts privacy.
- Pear Sandblasted
- If you are purchasing iron doors, choosing the type of glass is highly important.
- The type of glass you choose can boost or reduce visibility, make your home feel more comfortable and inviting.
- Some options are water cubic, flemish, gray tint, etc.
- Ready to Purchase New Iron Doors?
Overall, if you are interested in purchasing iron front doors, make sure you carefully consider your glass choices. Rather than simply choosing the first option you see, taking the time to research and evaluate your options is the best thing you can do for the long term. Either way, contact your friends here at Forever Iron Doors for more information about choosing the best glass for your iron doors.